Blue tea is an herbal drink that has been brewed for centuries in South Asia. Also known as blue pea flowers tea, this tea is made by steeping butterfly pea flowers in hot water. The blue pea flowers come from the plant known as Clitoria Ternatea, or Asian Pigeonwings, bluebellvine, blue tea, or Darwin pea
This herbal blue tea has some tremendous health advantages due to which now the market has increased demand for butterfly pea flower suppliers. However, let’s take a quick look at its amazing health advantages;
Health Advantages of Butterfly Pea Flowers
- Blue tea contains some powerful antioxidants which strengthen the overall body. This help in boosting the immune system and fight against diseases, infections
- Drinking this tea further helps in improving eye health. It contains an antioxidant known as Proanthocyanin, which increases blood flow towards the eyes, which results in treating blurred vision, dry eyes, glaucoma, and retinal damage
- Another striking advantage of blue tea is its anti-aging properties. Like other herbal teas, it is also rich in antioxidants which fight free radicals in the body which are the basic root cause of premature aging
- It is also rich in flavonoids which stimulate the production of collagen which helps your hair to grow healthier and less likely to break.
- And, it further improves skin health, eye health, and helps to build cells in the body. Now you can easily buy a powdered form of blue tea to use in delicious recipes. So let’s move to some amazing uses of Blue tea.
- Drinking blue tea can help protect the body against illness from bacteria, viruses, and fungi
- If you suffer from a urinary tract infection, or bladder infection then drinking this tea can help. Its anthocyanin and other nutrients flush the urinary system and destroy all harmful bacteria. They also prevent bacteria from sticking to the walls of the bladder
- If you wish to keep your heart healthy, then daily use of herbal teas is highly recommended
- The blue tea fights oxidative stress in the heart and helps to keep blood pressure under control
- It contains acetylcholine, a crucial nutrient for brain health. In ayurvedic medicine, this is also used to enhance memory, recall, and concentration. The acetylcholine boosts communication between neurons in the brain
- A cup of blue tea between meals can also help to balance blood sugar levels since it contains those properties which improve the health of the pancreas and other internal organs.
- As stress and anxiety are leading causes of disease and degradation of the human body, so antioxidants in blue tea help to relax the nervous system and calm the body. For this reason, herbal teas can effectively extend the human life span and boost overall mood and happiness
How to Make Blue Tea & When is the Best Time For This tea?
While making this tea, just add the flowers or powder in hot boiling water, allow this to steep for 10-15 minutes and watch as the water becomes light blue
The color of this tea changes depending on the Ph level of water. If you add lemon juice, this will make the liquid dark purple. It can even turn red when the water is acidic enough
For better taste and flavor, I will recommend adding cinnamon, ginger, or lemongrass to impart a wonderful flavor and additional health benefits to the tea. You can also cool this drink in the refrigerator and add ice for a more refreshing drink
Uses of Butter Pea Flowers
The butterfly tea powder is often used in smoothie bowls to add vibrant color and health benefits. The rich color pigments in this flower come from its anthocyanins. These are a type of flavonoid which are twice as powerful as vitamin c in boosting the immune system.